We are so pleased to see a wave of upcoming events happening around science and performance/art. Here are a few we wanted to share. April is going to be a busy month!
- 23 – 25 April 2014: Performing Science: Dialogues Across Cultures. Lincoln School of Performing Arts, University of Lincoln. The deadline for the Call for Papers is Feb. 6th. This conference is being co-produced with Chimera and PI Alex is on the organising committee.
- 24 – 26 April 2014: Cognitive Futures in the Humanities, 2nd International Conference. Durham University. Part of an AHRC interdisciplinary research network led by Peter Garratt. More info here.
- 2 April 2014: Embodied Cognition, Acting and Performance at AISB-50, Goldsmiths. This is a one day symposium which is part of the society for the study of Artificial Intelligence of Simulation of Behaviour 50th annual convention. The Call for Papers deadline is Feb. 1.
- 14 March 2014, 9:00-17:30: Matters of Life, Death and Medicine Conference. Arnos Vale Cemetery, Bristol. Booking info here.
- 10 March 2014, 17:00-18:30: Praxis and Practice: Science as Art. Cambridge Interdisciplinary Performance Network. More info here.
- The centre for Cognition, Kinesthetics and Performance at Kent has a number of interesting upcoming speakers and events.
In other news, the December 2013 edition of Interdisciplinary Science Reviews is a special issue on ‘new directions in theatre and science’ edited by Carina Bartleet and Kirsten Shepherd-Barr. Further details here.
On the partitioner side of things, there are also a number of new calls for performances and residencies. Here are a few we’d thought we’d share:
- Fieldwork – Unorthodoc Encounters in Arts and Science is seeking proposals for a performance night in March 2014.
- Strange Weather, Science Gallery, Trinity College Dublin, is looking for proposals for an upcoming summer exhibition. Strange Weather is a curated exhibition that will bring together meteorologists, artists, climate scientists, cloud enthusiasts and designers to explore how we model, predict, and even create weather. Call deadline: 14 February 2014
- SymbioticA, at the University of Western Australia, is an artistic laboratory dedicated to the research, learning, critique and hands-on engagement with biological sciences. They are seeking applications for the artist residencies, due 21 March 2014.